What is PTE?
- PTE stands for Pearson Test of English. It has two versions: PTE Academic and PTE General.
- PTE is taken by candidates to test their English reading, writing, listening and speaking skills.
- The duration of the test is three hours.
- PTE Academic is endorsed by the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC)
|PTE Score Validity:||PTE Score is valid for 2 years|
|PTE Registration Mode:||Register for PTE Online or at ILW Centre (Call +91 9820864001)|
|Mode of payment to register for PTE Exam:||Credit card / PTE Voucher (cash)|
|PTE Exam Test Fee (Standard):||Rs. 10500/-|
|PTE Exam Test Fee (Late Booking):||Rs. 13625/- (if PTE exam booking is done within 48 hours of the PTE test date)|
|PTE Result:||PTE Result is received in 5 days approx.|
|Nature of PTE Test:||PTE is a Computer based test|
|PTE Official Website:||www.pearsonpte.com|
|PTE India Website||http://pearsonpte.com/english-test-india/|
|PTE Test Rescheduling Fee:||Rs. 2000/-|
|PTE Cancellation and Refund:||50% of PTE test fee is refunded if cancellation is done at least one week prior to the test date. If cancelled within one week, no refund amount is available|
|Test Administration Frequency:||On fixed date|
|Test Repetition Policy:||Next available date|
|PTE Extra Score Reporting Fee:||No fee. It’s FREE!|
|PTE Score:||PTE test is out of 90 (overall)|
|PTE Test Duration:||PTE is 3-hour long exam|
What is the PTE test Format ?
The PTE examination consists of four sections and is divided into three parts. The sections in PTE examination are Speaking, Writing, Reading and Listening.
PTE Exam – Duration:
- PTE Academic is 3 hours long and is split into timed parts. When the time is up on the section, the test will move on automatically
- There are 20 different types of tasks. Some tasks will test integrated skills (e.g. reading AND speaking)
|PTE Speaking and Writing||77 – 93 minutes||In Part one, a candidate is tested mainly on Speaking and Writing skills. Under this, the first section contains Personal introduction. Students are given an opportunity to give information about themselves. This part of question is not scored. It is just done to provide information to the selected institutions. In Part two, a number of question types are made available where a student first gets to listen to an audio and then respond into the microphone. The format of question in this section are reading aloud the sentences, repeating of sentences, describing the image, re-telling the lecture, answering short question, summarizing written test and writing an essay.|
|PTE Reading||32 – 41 minutes||PTE Reading comprises of questions like multiple choices-choose single answer, multiple choices-choose multiple answers, Re-order paragraphs, Fill in the blanks, Reading and writing-fill in the blanks.|
|Break (optional)||10 minutes|
|PTE Listening||45 – 57 minutes||In PTE Listening, a student has to attempt questions like summarize spoken text, multiple choice-choose multiple answers, fill in the blanks, highlight correct summary, multiple choice-choose single answer, select missing word, highlight incorrect words, write from dictation under this section|
PTE Overall score is a mark out of 90. A score of 65 in PTE Academic is a good indication of your English language ability in real-life academic situations.
Benefits of taking a PTE Test over other English Tests:
- Late registration for PTE available: Register for the PTE test even within the last 2 days of the test date. As compared to this, for other English tests you will need to register at least 10 days in advance
- PTE Results come early: Get your PTE test result in 5 days approximately as against other English tests where it takes a minimum of 13 days approx.
- Save on PTE Score Reporting Fee: Additional score reporting to Universities is FREE unlike other English tests where you have to pay for reporting the score to each additional University or College
- Don’t miss a course start date: In about 8 days you can register for the PTE exam, appear for PTE exam and get your PTE result. Even if you have to take a retest, it is still easily possible
There are more benefits of taking the PTE test, but we find the above as most significant ones.